Sunday, February 17, 2013

The weekend massacre edition

My mom (Lita) came down on Friday, which really means that GL forgot he even had parents. Mommy who?? This is the only time he will disown us. Nice, eh. Love you too, kid. It's defiantly nice to finally have a sitter. What's a word that's less then "rarity"?? Well whatever that word is, is how often the husband and I go out together and pretend we're childless. (Granted I did cave and showed pictures of the lil devil)

So to start the night out, we went to the movies to watch Mama. Yes I know, holy shit. Let's go see a horror movie about a psycho dad who abandons his kids, who get taken care of by a ghost. A lot of "awwws" came out my mouth. Like "aww, she broke her glasses" or "aww she's getting a hug from mama". The main one I remember is "awww hell...I'm going to mommyify if those damn kids don't shut the f up!" Being a pg-13 movie we had every talker, phone toting, little bastard between the ages of 13-15. FINALLY before I got to the hulk stage, security came in and kicked out a whole row of those gremlins. Now to really pay attention to the movie and enjoy my Bacardi and sprite.

As often as we don't go out, we had a hard time figuring out what to do next. Going home was not an option, so off to the local watering hole. For one beer to see what other ideas we could come up with. As we sat there chit chatting about, what else our son, some people we haven't seen in ages started showing up. Awesome. Things started looking up and soon one beer became...uuuhh...a lot. When outta no where it was last call. WHAT!!?? But we just got here!! ::sigh::

Again, thank god Lita was here, cause we haven't felt so insanely horrible in a long time. Body aches, headaches...and a little game of "where is my stuff". Not from me but the husband. After a night of drinking like we're 21, all I want to do is eat my weight in food. I don't care what it is...tamales, rice, cookies, chips, spicy chicken, whatever I can get my hands on and not have to share. So I had to hide in the kitchen a few times, cause someone has a fifth sense when it comes to cookies. Of course, our little GL is an angel when we're feeling like complete shit. Which is always a plus. I think I got my ass off the couch to either get food or more water. Not much else since my body was trying to replace all the alcohol with water, so it decided there was no need to take potty breaks.

Onto today. I'm an unfortunate soul that has to work on Sundays. I've pondered the idea of telling my job that I can't work Sundays cause I'm a hardcore catholic and the bible says it's a day for rest and other shenanigans. BUT since I work for the devil, that excuse wouldn't work. (Honestly, between you and me, I have said it to them...I've also said I can't work when it's raining out cause brown sugar melts. Just a fyi: those excuses don't work.)

Lita is now relaxing after a whole weekend of playing with GL. Grandmas totally rock! GL has finally re-owned us and we're the coolest freaking parents ever....soooo it's time to get back to our regularly scheduled show....let this week go lightning fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment