Friday, February 22, 2013

Poisoning the Well

So if you're awesome and follow my facebook page, you'll see that I posted something about a kid getting his milk spiked with alcohol. It's not my kid and I still feel a slight rage about it. I just don't seem to understand it. A friend posted about another kid that brought alcohol to school and the dad was more interested in the bottle then worrying about the kid. What the f is going on?!?

I drink...on occasion...ok right now... and I totally condone drinking to people over 21, but bringing it to school?? I don't want this to sound weird or anything but I would expect a high schooler to pull that shit (spiking of the milk...they would know those two liquids don't mix.) NOT elementary.

I mean, GL can't even open the fridge so I'm not too worried about that now. Even though he likes to attack cups, bottles, coffee mugs, pretty much anything that has something drinkable in. Just know that when he gets bigger and taller everything will be counted for.

Maybe I will be like my parents after all. Putting that damn sneaky line on bottles so they know. Yea I know usually you'd be able to see it, but my mom is the queen of hiding/sneaky/knowing. For example: we all have chores growing up right. Well, when I had to dust and vacuum the living room and did a half ass job. My mom ALWAYS knew. Like she would find that one picture frame that I forgot to pretend move or that one string she placed (on purpose) where I forgot to pretend to vacuum. Yes, my language and your reading isn't bad. I really did "pretend" or "imagined" to do such chores always hoping I'd never get caught, which I did and had to do regardless. I apparently never learned my lesson.

 
I will try my hardest to keep you safe, happy, and the awesomest boy ever. I'll definitely try not to be that parent that pushes every little kid over just cause they were mean to you or took your toy, or whatever the story is. This world is filled with bullshit and I'll teach you how to overcome whatever comes on your path. You'll be my little loving warrior. Cause if you're not we messed up your name! jk.

No comments:

Post a Comment