Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Idea Of Shaving During Winter

It's winter...if guys can have beards why can't we have our winter fur?? I work outside in the freezing cold, I need a little bit more heat to keep from getting frostbitten. Ok, so I do wear two pair of socks, but the awesome thing of not shaving is that it's almost like having another pair of pants on or at least thigh highs that don't make your thighs into mushroom tops. My body can make babies AND generate hair to keep me warm. UUUUH-mazing!

 Why would I take it away?? Oh, you say cause of my husband eh. Well, I have that one already figured out. I wear knee high socks and it's his favorite. Soooo, when we're feeling frisky, all I gotta do is keep those suckers on and he'll never find out the hairy monsters my legs have become. Win win!

The rare moments he does see a little leg skin, I do get the horrified gasp and laughter as he's calling me a gorilla. Nice eh. The times GL sees me lift my pant leg (ok my pj pants) he has a tendency to run up to me and pet my leg...he must think we got another cat. Damnit, maybe it is time to get the scissors out and at least do a trim.

I'm definitely not saying I'm an amazon woman. I do care about the people around me and shave my fur legs...but ONLY if I know I'll be wearing shorts, or on rare occasions skirts.

My husband and I recently had a conversation about the whole leg shaving ordeal. (it must be bad if we have an actual conversation about it) A female bartender was near by and just for the hell of it (to see what side she'd take) I asked her how often, during winter, does she shave her legs. Don't worry it's not weird asking, we know her. Her answer: ALL THE TIME. What the f?! Who has time to shave twice a day, let alone once!? Ok, so I was a little shocked cause even during summer I may go a day or two without shaving. Sometimes three and that means I better pull out some pants. She heard both sides of the discussion...ok just my side since she was just as shocked that I don't do what she does. After 2 mins of arguing my case, she finally saw the light. "Yea ok, if you work outside and -10 degree weather it's not bad if you don't shave your spider monkey legs" Alright so that was a little paraphrasing but same shit. After the questioning, I definitely felt her giving me weird looks. What, I'm no longer a woman, cause I'm not a fan of shaving??! Thanks b, no tip for you! (jk, about that last part)

March is ahead of us and it should start getting somewhat nice out...right...right?!!? I'm not looking forward to having to shave the legs. Honestly at the state they're in now, it'll be a two day event. One leg a day, cause otherwise I'll be in there all freaking day. Let's hope for warm weather soon, just so you don't have to read another amazing blog about not shaving.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I am also not too big on shaving. One of my best friends, who has a big ol' Texan drawl, once said to me 'But AJ! You have a MAN!' She couldn't believe I only shave once a week'ish. Chris, btw, doesn't seem to care. The only time he really comments is when my legs hit that razor-sharp growth, b/c he doesn't like to be stabbed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that's the worse part, the razor sharp phase. That's as bad as someone with long toe nails! My husband read this and said it gave him shivers just knowing what's going on. Hahaha. He just tries to deny the existence of leg hair. When the razor sharp phase happens just do what I do...put on knee high socks!

    ReplyDelete